In Charge of Church Appearances? We Have Got Answers for You

Church podiums

From time to time we have all been inside a church. Whether you are a regular church attendee, or visit on holidays, next time you go take a look at all the interesting church furniture your congregation has invested in. Often times antique church pews are something many collectors are interested in. The often hold high historic value and also are a great addition to any furniture collection.

When sermons started to become more popular during church services, church pews began to appear in almost every church. Protestants made the pew a staple in expected church furniture. Church pews can widely differ from ones with foot rests, back supports, or just a simple wooden bench. Church pew seating was often decided by rank of citizen. This means that higher social classes sat in the ones closer to the front of the church, and sometimes often sat in higher quality church pews than the rest of the church congregation.

Church pews allowed seating arrangements for a large group of people simply and also affordably. From the 1600s to the 1800s churches often rented out their church pews to people in the area to generate extra funds for the church. Now days more people are collecting them for antiquing purposes, or as bench seating for dining areas.

Not only are churchpews being sold as antique items these days, but so are church steeples. People are finding the history behind these items fascinating, and a great addition to their antique collections. Church pews for sale are being found in many antique stores and church fundraisers. Antique stores these days will haven sections dedicated to not just pews or furniture but church decor.

Many beautiful pieces you will find in your local church or gallant cathedrals visited as tourist attractions will range in detail and age. Any piece, whether an ornate Victorian scrolled wooden church pew to a plain small town church bench, will need adequate maintenance. Each day the furniture withstands wear and tear from use and weather conditions. Regular maintenance and proper repair are essential to keeping that special look you seek in your churchpews. Either in your home or for your congregation, make sure you chose a restoration company with experience you can trust for not only fixing or updating your church pews but also for transportation and reinstallation. With items this precious you don’t want to take chances. Get more on this here: www.kivetts.com

Comments

Matthew Hold 01-09-2013, 08:14

My church had their pews refinished just before my wedding. It made such a difference on the look and feel of my big day

Harvey Campell 26-02-2014, 16:31

Churchpews are so uncomfortable. Have someone to re-upholster them may actually make me go to church other than on Christmas.

Ella Alvarez 28-03-2014, 17:26