Cosmetic Dentists Keep the Family Smiling

Austin tmj specialist

One thing that most Americans (99.7 percent) agree on is that a nice smile is an important social asset. Most of us learn the basics of how to take care of our teeth at an early age. We are taught to brush our teeth at least once or twice a day, to floss regularly and to go to the dentists office every six months for a professional cleaning and a check up. General dental care such as exams, xrays and the treatment and filling of cavities is usually handled by general or family dentists. Sometimes the services of a cosmetic dentist are also required.

Cosmetic dentists can help patients who are in need of things like front teeth crowns, dental implants or even cheap clear braces for teeth. Invisible clear braces are popular, especially among adults who are in need of braces and who do not want to wear the traditional metal type. Dental veneers, thin white layers of porcelain which cover the surface of the teeth, are a popular cosmetic dental treatment. Veneers can last from five and ten years before they need to be replaced.

Oftentimes, general dentists can do some of the basics of cosmetic dentistry, such as cosmetic teeth whitening. For more extensive or surgical procedures, such as dental implants or front teeth crowns, a cosmetic dentist may be needed. There are also some dentist and offices that specialize in both family and cosmetic dentistry.
Helpful research also found here.

Comments

Jeff Oldson 14-11-2013, 22:38

My boss just got the veneers, and she looks good. Her teeth are whiter and brighter, but still look natural. and it makes her look about 10 years younger, too. I think I might get some.

Steve Dawson 04-03-2014, 19:15

Wow 99.7 percent. I know that they did not actually ask every single person in the United States, or anything like that, but wow that is a huge percentage. Like almost everybody.

Timothy Laweson 03-04-2014, 20:11